When compared to the typical offer, the most advantageous credit cards can provide users with annual savings of $300 to $650 or more. This is made possible by the cards' exceptional value in the form of incentives, competitive interest rates and fees, and a variety of other unique features. Choosing which characteristics are most important to you is the first step in obtaining the finest credit card for your needs. Next, evaluate different credit card offers to look for the one that comes with the greatest overall value.
Our choices for the best credit cards to be issued in 2022 include options for consumers with a wide range of credit histories. They also come with substantial initial incentives, abundant recurring perks, and introductory interest rates of zero percent. Continue reading to find out more about the top credit card deals for the year 2022, which are presented below in order of credit rating. In addition to the cards themselves, you'll also find the answers to a number of frequently asked questions regarding the most advantageous credit cards and other topics.
Chase Freedom Unlimited®
The Chase Freedom Unlimited card is the best credit card because it provides exceptional rewards in addition to having no annual fee and introductory annual percentage rates (APRs) of 0% for the first 15 months on both new purchases and balance transfers. The card also has no foreign transaction fees. The Freedom Unlimited Card's rewards program kicks off with an additional 1.5% cash back on all purchases made in the first year, up to a maximum of $20,000 spent with the card. Because of this, you may be eligible for an additional cash refund of up to $300.
In the normal course of events, the Freedom Unlimited credit card provides a cash back reward of 5% for trips booked through Chase, 3% cash back in restaurants and pharmacies, and 1.5% cash back on all other purchases. People who have good or excellent credit and meet the other requirements can take advantage of this wonderful bundle.
- Earn 1.5% cash back on all purchases (up to $20,000 in the first year) for up to $300.
- Enjoy 6.5 percent cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more; 4.5 percent cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service; and 3% on all other purchases (up to $20,000 in the first year).
- After $20,000 spent, get 5% cash back on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards®, 3% cash back on pharmacy purchases and eating at restaurants, including takeout and qualified delivery service, and limitless 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
- No cash-back minimum. Most U.S. checking and savings accounts accept statement credits or direct deposits. As long as your account is open, Cash Back incentives never expire.
- Enjoy 0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, then 16.49% - 25.249% variable APR.
- No annual fee - Your Freedom Unlimited® card has no yearly fee.
Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card
The Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card is an excellent credit card that rewards cardholders with 2% cash back on all purchases made with the card. For the sake of comparison, the typical cash back rewards credit card provides approximately 1 percent back. Cardholders have the opportunity to receive an introductory bonus of $200 cash rewards after making a purchase of $1,000 within the first three months of having the card. Additionally, there is no annual cost associated with using Wells Fargo Active Cash.
- Spend $1,000 in the first 3 months and get $200 cash back.
- Unlimited 2% cash rewards
- Cash awards don't expire as long as your account is open.
- 0% intro APR for 15 months on purchases and eligible balance transfers, then 16.49%, 21.499%, or 26.499% variable APR; balance transfers made within 120 days qualify for the intro rate and charge of 3% then a BT fee of up to 5%, min: $5 $0 annual fee
- Visa Signature Concierge offers premium benefits at some of the world's finest hotels.
- Pay your monthly cell phone bill with your Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card and get up to $600 in damage or theft protection (subject to a $25 deductible)
Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
One of the credit cards that offers the best general rewards is the American Express Blue Cash Preferred card. People with strong or exceptional credit who spend the majority of their money on things like streaming services, groceries purchased at U.S. supermarkets, gas purchased at U.S. gas stations, and transportation expenditures may consider applying for this card.
The Amex Blue Cash Preferred card's annual cost of $95 is well worth the value it provides. If you open an account and spend $3,000 within the first six months of having the account, you will receive a statement credit of $350. Spending as little as $1,600 per year in the appropriate purchase categories on the card will be sufficient to trigger the continuous bonus benefits and pay the cost of the card's annual fee. If an individual makes regular purchases with their Blue Cash Preferred Card, they may expect to rack up hundreds of dollars in additional net rewards value each year, even after taking into account the card's annual fee.
- Annual fee of $95 per year
- Spend $3,000 on your new Card within 6 months and get a $350 statement credit
- Up to $6,000 each year in Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets (then 1 percent).
- Select U.S. streaming subscriptions get 6% Cash Back
- 3% Cash Back at U.S. petrol stations and transit (taxi/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses, etc.)
- Other purchases: 1% Cash Back
- Reward Dollars can be redeemed for a statement credit
- Buy Now, Pay Later: Plan It® splits large purchases into monthly payments with no startup fees. Plans created in the first year are free. After that, plans will have a fixed monthly fee up to 1.33 percent of each purchase amount put into a plan dependent on plan term, APR, and other parameters
- 0% initial APR for 12 months on purchases from account opening, then 15.49% to 25.49% variable.
Citi® Double Cash Card
The Citi Double Cash card is the best credit card for people with good credit since it offers large rewards at a flat rate and has a low annual fee. The Double Cash Card does not charge an annual fee and awards a total of 2% cash back in rewards on all purchases. This makes it almost two times as rewarding as the typical cash back credit card in 2022, when taking into account both factors.
To be more specific, cardholders earn rewards in the form of cash back at a rate of 1 percent cash back on purchases and an additional 1 percent cash back when paying the card's bill. Therefore, if you are looking for a wonderful card that offers straightforward rewards while maintaining its value, you can't go wrong with Double Cash.
- Earn 2% on every purchase with 1% cash back when you buy and 1% as you pay.
- Pay the minimum due to earn cash back.
- 18-month 0% intro APR on balance transfers. After that, the variable APR is 15.49% - 25.49% based on creditworthiness.
- Transfers don't earn cash back. Purchases aren't eligible for intro APR.
- Unless you pay your whole balance (including balance transfers) by the due date each month, interest will be levied on balance transfers.
- Balance transfers within the first 4 months of account opening cost 3% (minimum $5). After that, transfers cost 5% (minimum $5).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
One of the best initial incentives available on the market can be found with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, and it is especially beneficial for folks who enjoy traveling and do not mind booking their accommodations through Chase. When new cardholders make a purchase of $4,000 during the first three months of opening an account, they are eligible to get a bonus of 60,000 points. These points can be redeemed for either a $600 statement credit or $750 in travel booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards. When you add 1 to 5 points for every $1 spent on purchases, you have a card that is more than worth the $95 annual fee it requires.
- Spend $4,000 in the first 3 months to earn 60,000 additional points. That's $750 with Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy a $50 yearly Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on Chase Ultimate Rewards® travel, 3x on dining, and 2x on other travel purchases, and more.
- Chase Ultimate Rewards® adds 25% to airline, hotels, auto rentals, and cruises. 60,000 points equal $750 in travel, for example.
- With Pay Yourself BackSM, your points are worth 25% more when redeemed for statement credits in specified, rotating categories.
- Activate DashPass by December 31, 2024 to get free delivery and cheaper service fees for a year.
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
People with good or excellent credit who want to earn free flights, hotel nights, and other travel accommodations without overspending or committing to a single travel provider are ideal candidates for the Capital One Venture Card, which is a premium travel rewards credit card offered by Capital One and designed specifically for people with that level of credit. The reasons behind this are also very plain to see. After opening an account with Venture, customers are eligible for an initial bonus of 75,000 miles if they spend $4,000 within the first three months of membership. In addition, it offers users the opportunity to earn at least twice as many miles on transactions; nevertheless, there is a $95 annual fee associated with this credit card.
You are able to use your miles to pay for any travel-related expenditures once they have been posted to your account and can do so using the Venture Card. People who like to look about for the greatest rates on travel comparison websites will find that this kind of flexible redemption option is extremely handy.
- Spend $4,000 in 3 months to get 75,000 additional miles, equal to $750 in travel.
- Every purchase earns 2X miles.
- Miles never expire and you can earn an unlimited amount.
- Global Entry or TSA up to $100 credit PreCheck®
- Enjoy two free visits each year to Capital One Lounges or 100+ Plaza Premium Lounges.
- Capital One Travel offers the best deals on thousands of trips and 5X miles on hotels and rental vehicles.
- Redeem your miles by booking a vacation via Capital One Travel.
- Transfer miles to 15+ loyalty programs